Sunday 19 October 2014

Challenge: Random, small acts of kindness.

Now, if you know me at all, which is to be done, hopefully through this blog, you will know right away that I'm not fond of.....public settings. I don't like gatherings and and i get socially anxious around people, i am not afraid to say that I'm afraid of people, yes, i am; i know most of them won't hurt me physically -unless they are murderers or rapists- i know that. I am mostly afraid of the emotional pain, feeling like I've annoyed them, or invaded their personal space, and that terrifies me, I'm shy and quiet, i don't like attention, i try to avoid places where there are a lot of people, like weddings, malls, the streets, the public transportation, it seems bad but really it is really comforting for me.
But as i said in an earlier post, I'm trying to change my life for the better, by that i don't mean become more social, or lose my anxiety, it is not true, because i see no point in being miserable with people rather than being happy alone, i love my lonelyness and i think it's the best thing about me. what I'm talking about here, or the new challenge I'm setting for myself, is trying t help as many people as i can in my life time.
Approaching people to ask them for help Can be as scary as approaching them to help them, i know that because I've had experiences in which i tried to help people but they rejected it.
My new challenge is try to help people more but do things in small amounts, small things at a time that may get them a long way or just i don't know just help them, like pushing someone's wheelchair, or a small donation or telling directions to a stranger these kind of seemingly insignificant but really important.
And before you ask: yes i don't do these things often, because i have the bravery of a chicken nugget and I'm afraid to let my voice out, besides; when I'm walking on the streets no one really approaches me for help, because i developed this look on my face, to prevent from getting called fat or ugly or whatever people like to call others, a look of sheer disgust and evil, i literally look like I'm going to slaughter new Born's with puppys' jaw bones -sorry for the image-.
So yeah, i hope that anyone that this reaches, will do at least one good act a day, the world would be a much better place, and maybe we can evolve into doing colossal works for the sake of the human kind, you never know friends :).
also, please follow this blog :) because i know you're cool :).


No comments: